Thursday, May 8, 2008

Exhausted



After all of that excitement, Elle and I have been exhausted.  We have taken the last two days just to rest at home, with short walks to keep us moving.  Elle still has to be constantly held, she is just a lil snuggle bug.  The "diva" demands attention and the loving arms of family and friends to keep her happy!  She really responds to intense bouncing, swaying, and loud noise!  My cousin Becky insists that she is just quite the city girl and would not make it in the country or the burbs ;)  We were both stunned when Elle didn't even flinch, when the El rode by us on a walk shaking us to the core.  Becky really mastered the calming techniques though and Elle responded really well to her!  Elle is looking around more and more, making eye contact and constant adorable facial expressions.  She is gaining more head control and liking tummy time a little bit more.  She will sit in the bouncer now, if I play rain noise on the computer on full blast and rock the bouncer with my feet at a somewhat rapid pace!  It is so amazing how the days just fly by here, I am not sure what I even get done besides attending to her every whim.  She did develop her first real baby rash as well from all of the excitement outdoors.  Don't give her a hard time about it though, the diva is very sensitive.

No comments: