Friday, July 31, 2009

Quick Update...

Okay so I haven't given an update here in awhile and so much is going on. So current brief update!

1) Research has been super frustrating, problematic, and depressing. At one point I thought about quitting, then I called my mom and had her come help me out! Lots of dead ends leading me to have to completely change a lot of it.
2) My mom came and saved me for two weeks! I not have a draft of my dissertation almost 2/3 completed! Yeah! My goal is to have one draft good to go by August 15. Edits by September 1, and final by Sept 15. I know it sounds like a lot of time, but I am crazy tedious editing girl, so I need every day.
3)Elle just got 8 teeth in with grandma here, started eating a ton, grew a foot, has a new love for chocolate and ice cream, likes to push the boys around, is enamored with Kermit the Frog of 1970s Sesame Street, and still loves loves the zoo and any type of stuffed animal reminding her of her love for animals!
4) Wade is currently in Chicago! Yes Sweet Home Chicago at Jason's Wedding! Elle and I are super super super bummed that we are not there! We so love our dear Jason and miss him terribly! Fortunately the newlyweds will settle in Elmhurst and we can share many memories with them upon our return to Chicago!! Wade is enjoying time with out Elle and I, ah freedom! And Elle and I are trying not to kill each other with no Wade or Grandma! Thank god for lovely friends in London!
5) Yes we are staying in London for another year! At least Aug 1 2009-Aug 1 2010...we will see what the future brings. Will be staying in our current residence at least until Nov 1, possibly Dec 1, as I finish dissertation, take holiday, and look for a bigger flat closer to Wade's Office!

Miss you all!!
So current update is

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great update! You're AMAZING!!!!!!! xoxoxo Jackie

P.S. Can't wait to read your paper! Bring a copy home if you can!