So many of you know that my brother is currently living in New Zealand. Which is yes yes pretty much on the other side of the globe. The air time from Chicago to NZ (not including airport time) is like 22 hours! Needless to say, Elle and I will unfortunately not be making the trip. However my parents have been planning to go for months. My mom has a small phobia of heights, thereby making air travel less than pleasant for her. She loves the bro so much though she decided to make the trek with Pops. They were due to leave on Thursday, however that is where the Operation began...
Elle and I were busting around on Thursday with errands and such, when we received a distress call from mom. They would not let her on the plane due to this new New Zealand reg that states your passport must be valid for at least three months when you enter their country. Moms passport was only valid to July. I was so devastated for her and determined to help her get to NZ. Thursday night was spent on the phone with the DOS (Department of State) trying to figure out if we could make this happen. My mom got to my place in relatively good spirits around 9 and we plotted out the next day. She was able to handle everything by insisting that she was dreaming (so incredibly adorable and a great idea!!). Friday found us busting it downtown to apply for sameday passport service at the passport office and hope that we could get the passport before her 5pm flight. So Elle and I trekked around with mum, got her passport, got all of her stuff, fixed her up with a great music selection on her ipod, and blue lined it to ohare by 2...yeah I know we really rock! So mom got there for her flight, only to find it was delayed. I then spent the next 24 hours trying to coordinate moms flights and dads flights and Justin in NZ waiting for them all.
Dad ended up being delayed a zillion times on his way over there (he left on the original flight on thursday..49 hours of transit) and Mum ended up getting their saftely on Saturday evening (about 32 hrs of transit). Thankfully they will have 11 days to enjoy the land of beauty before making their return trek! I will be happy to hear about all of their more fun adventures. Elle just loved bopping around town with Gmum though and really had a blast (aka she slept the whole time...mom splinter loved this and definitely noted Elle's love for adventure!! I am seriously considering opening up a crisis intervention business. I love solving other peoples crisis' and Elle really enjoys it as well!
1 comment:
can someone say BLUE STEEL
Post a Comment